Vice or Vanity: Round 2

Oops, did it happen again?

It tends to go like this: I start some sort of blog with a focus on X, Y or Z and then after some time abandon it altogether. Blame it on school, blame it on life, blame it on whatever, right?

To be honest, part of the demise of this blog was laziness (let's be real, a big part of it) and another part of it was the expectations I put on myself - the goal of gaining a following, maintaining the quality of blog content, having a blog that was aesthetically pleasing in every way. Looking in my posts up until today, at least half of them have been stuck in draft mode - I never posted them because I was afraid of saying the wrong thing and then getting judged for it. I was afraid of my little corner in the blogosphere getting overrun by anonymous, judgmental internet haters. And let's be real, internet trolls have gone off the rails in the past few years.

But I'm done with that. I'm done being crippled by my self-consciousness. This time I’m going to go to the opposite end of the spectrum. I’m going to do it for me, and this is going to be an anything blog – life, culture, fashion and whatever else comes on my mind.

In recent months, I’ve also approached journaling the same way and it really helped eliminate the fears I had of not having that pretty, girly artistic diary (going to post more about my beloved Midori journal the upcoming months). I’m hoping this mindset will really help this blog stay for the long haul.

As such, welcome to the blog!

P.S. I'm in LA now! Can't believe that when this blog started, I was living in New York City and in the midst of moving back to the Silicon Valley. But now I'm in LA?! And about to graduate university! I went to Coachella! And I'm interning at a men's fashion company! More on these things later...

P.P.S This used to be MINTPOPS, but I've taken the liberty of renaming this blog Vice or Vanity, a better reflection of who I am today - random, non-sensical and I don't even know what else.

No comments