Style Icon: Alexa Chung


It'd be hard to find somebody to top Alexa Chung on my list of favorite style icons, heck, even my list of favorites in entertainment. I totally have a girl crush on her - she's the embodiment of vintage, effortless, and grungy-yet-feminine fashion. Alexa has a distinctively quirky style has been largely responsible for the surge in geek-chic fashion these past few years.


In case you've been living in a cave for some time, here's some background info on her: She was born in Britain to a British Asian father and English mother. After starting modelling at age 16, she quit four years later and has since branched out to other areas in the fashion and entertainment industry.

Alexa's had collaborations with a various companies, including one of my favorite brands, Madewell, and Mulberry has even named one of it's handbags after her. But that's not the least of it, because she's also been a contributing editor to British Vogue. Last year, Alexa hosted a Project Runway-type competition called 24-Hour Catwalk. I watched it, and admittedly, it wasn't a great show and her hosting is a bit rough around the edges. Though, the fact that it didn't diminish any of my admiration for her is just a testament of how awesome she is!

Her style is never boring and doesn't fall into a stalemate, because she's constantly experimenting with different pieces and bringing something new to the table. But don't let me bore you with all this talk - here are some more great "Alexa" styles from over the years. While I do think that her street style is tends to be appealing than what she wears in photo shoots, trust me when I say that this girl could put on a trash bag and still pass it off as chic.










Let me know if you're a fan of Alexa as well, so we can gush about her together! Or let me know if there's anyone else you draw inspiration from, because I'd love to know. You can also find me @mildlyfree on Twitter or follow me @mildlyfree on Instagram.

2 comments

  1. Yo Christy! I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's amazing!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete