Dr. Martens Fever


As of late, I've been having a growing obsession with Dr. Martens. Originally designed in the 1940's to be no more than just a comfortable shoe, Docs soon became a symbol of youth rebellion and are now considered synonymous with with youth subculture. In today's fashion, shoes are not only popular here in the West, but it's very popular among East Asians as well.

I'll be honest, there used to be something about these shoes that rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it's the clunky look or maybe it's the fact that these are reminiscent of that cringe-inducing heavy metal/gothic style from back in the day. Regardless, my opinion was totally reversed when I saw these pastel 1460 boots a while ago. And now I can't get them off my mind!


 

My favorites are the mint and pink, but I already have some green/minty color things in my closet (not sure if that was a given, seeing as the title of the blog is called Mint Pops, heh) and don't want to go overboard.

It's a shame, though that these were released more than a year ago and are no longer being made. Boo.


Anyhow, I did end up finding each of the three pastel colors on Taobao, a Chinese version of Ebay. But I'm 99.9% sure that it'll be a knock-off even though the listings always say the shoe is legit. And I've heard that buying things from there is complicated since the sellers don't use Paypal and rather bank transfer. Then there's the risk factor involved when ordering - you never know who'll end up scamming you, and the quality is never guaranteed.

But those shoes are just sooooo @#&($*^& cute! I'm thisclose to caving in and ordering them anyways.


Still, I went to the Dr. Martens store in SoHo this past weekend to try on a shoe for size and see if I liked them enough to try for another color. I actually ended up really liking these Victorian-style floral print ones. Alas, they are still no replacement for the pastel version.

Other than the boots, I'm also loving the originals and the creepers - though I think the creepers are a little to edgy for my style.




Anyways, what do you guys think about the pink 1460s? Just go for it and order online or forgo my search altogether and possibly settle with the floral boots?

6 comments

  1. One day, I will own a pair...but for now I can just dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG beautiful shades of Doc Martens!! I want! :)
    Followed you!!!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pastel color of Doc Martens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Those pastel colors are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the original black ones
    but these pastel colored Dr. Martens
    are amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty - dr. martens always make my heart swoon!

    ReplyDelete