Inaugural Post



So this is me, taking a stab at a blogging. If the headline didn't give it away, yes I love all things related to pop culture, fashion, and everything else in between. And if that thing is related to Asia, well, that's just the cherry on top!

I had always been exposed to Asian culture in the more traditional sense since my childhood and always had a fondness for it from my early years up until my teens. Believe me, I have memories of the oldest 90's dramas and there's something stashed in my bookcase, which I believe is the debut F4 CD.

But for a few years in my adolescence, I had begun writing off culture and fashion of Asian youth as shallow, insipid and simply too trendy. It took a while for me to come to the realization that I wasn't truly appreciating the culture for what it was.

And as it turned out, I was the one being superficial. Because who was I, someone who secretly hoards gossip tabloids and follows news about the Kardashian sisters, to complain about the lifestyle of others?

Thus, from a renewed desire to understand the wonders and oddities of Asian culture and fashion of my generation, this blog was created as an outlet for my discussion of it.


I'm always open to different opinions and ideas, so feel free to tell me what you think about something, regardless if it's the same opinion as mine or not. Hope you enjoy and come along for the ride!

No comments